- This is an outpatient procedure which takes 1-3 hours (2-4 hours if performed with a breast augmentation.
- Discomfort is mild to moderate. Anticipate 2-7 days of prescription pain medication.
- Swelling and bruising improve in 3-10 days.
- Most plastic surgeons use absorbable stitches that are buried under the skin and never require removal. Non-absorbable stitches, if used, will be removed in 5-7 days.
- You will wear a sports bra or Ace wrap for 1-4 weeks. Avoid an underwire bra until your surgeon approves it.
- You may return to work in 3–7 days.
- Exercise may be resumed in 2 weeks.
- Final results will be seen after the scars have matured, which will take about 6-18 months, although some take years for their scars to mature and fade.